Friday, March 28, 2008

Sympathies


I found out today that a good friend of mine's sister passed away on Easter. She was only 28, and she leaves behind 3 children. She's had a rough life and wasn't living the best life style, but she had also been through a lot of hard times in her life and was probably doing the best she could. I never met her, but I was going to try to go to her viewing tonight or tomorrow, but both Isaac and EmmaLee have the stomach virus, and I just didn't feel good about leaving them. I'm planning on visiting both my friend and her mom, if not tomorrow, then sometime as soon as my kids are well. My heart aches for my friend and her mom, and for her sister's three children. I can't and don't want to imagine how hard it would be to explain to those kids that their mom isn't coming back. She might have made some bad choices, and not influenced her kids for the best all the time, but she loved them and they loved her! Talking to my friend brought back a lot of my memories of what it was like right after we lost Caydin and how emotional and hard it was. While the situations are slightly different, I know how much they are going to miss her, and while right now might be some of the hardest times, there are still many rough days ahead! My friend and her mom both received blessings that have already brought them comfort, and I'm sure they will continue to bring comfort as the time goes! But, I still pray for them and wish there was an easier way for the transition of when a loved one returns home!

1 comment:

the watkins said...

Hi Diana. Caydin is so cute, what a beautiful child! He really seems to shine in each picture. I don't know what its like to loose or even have a child but I have talked a lot about this with my mom, since my brother died. I can see through her that she will forever be changed and will always miss him, she has lost a part of her. And while there are good and bad days... there is a part of her that is with him.
You are so amazing. Thank you for sharing yourself. Thank goodness for the gospel.
-Mindi (Lee) Watkins