Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday!

7 years ago tonight I was in labor and wondering if you were EVER going to come out of me! But, sure enough, shortly after midnight, you came out; not the way we thought you were going to, but out you came! It was well over an hour after you were born before I got to hold you because of my recovery and because you were running a slight fever, but when I finally did get to hold you, it made it all worth it! You were so soft, and I remember just rubbing your hair and just loving the feel of you next to my body! It is so weird to think you would be 7 in just a couple of hours! Since you were my oldest, it is always kind of hard to imagine what it would be like if you were here. I've never been the mom of a 7 year old, even though I've been a mom for 7 years. I don't know how time works in Heaven, but I know it's different than here, but I hope the moments that are tomorrow here will be one of celebration for you there. Even though it is hard for me to think about what you are not here to do and celebrate, your birthday will always be a very happy occation! It's the day our spirits got to be connected in more ways than one, and that will NEVER change! I love you, and am so grateful for your entry into my life 7 years ago!

No comments: