Friday, June 6, 2008

Memorial Day

I have survived another Memorial Day! This year wasn't so bad in the sense that I didn't think a whole lot about it before, so there wasn't build up to go along with the day itself! I have to give a talk in Sacrament meeting this Sunday, and I have to introduce our family, which means everyone will know about you now! My topic is actually on optimism. I plan on bringing up what happened to you and how the gospel gives me hope and a reason to still be happy. All I have to do is miss you; I don't have to wonder where you are or if I will ever see you again! I have so many answers that give me hope for the future, even though missing you can still be so overwhelming and make me feel anything but happy! I hope it goes well, and I know I'm going to be nervous because even last week at church, I was sitting in the audience, and I already felt jittery and nervous for the talk, and it was still a week away!!! I hope you will be there with me!

1 comment:

HappyHodges said...

Hello, you dont know me my name is Mindy Gaffney Hodges, but I found your blog through the Harts (Ryans an old friend) and my sister was friends with Victor and Bubba in High school. Anyway, I hope its ok and you don't think its weird I am leaving you a comment. I wanted to express things to you but I don't have the words to say, so I just will say, Caydin is beautiful, and you seem like such a strong amazing girl. Thank you for reminding of that eternal perspective we are so blessed to have. My God hold you and your family in his loving arms!